An Entrepreneur is an individual who, rather than working as an employee, runs a small business and assumes all the risk and reward of a given business venture, idea, or good or service offered for sale. The Founder emphasizes it begins with an idea but it doesn’t end there a lot goes in place to bring the idea into fruition. Entrepreneurship goes beyond achieving financial freedom it ought to serve a purpose, without which the will to pursue the goal despite countless hurdles will be missing.
Associate Professor of Marketing at Messiah College and founder of MindfulMarketing.org says, ‘every business especially a new one, should have a reason for its being beyond its products and services.’ He further shares five reasons why having a purpose for your business is quite important as being: purpose for yourself, purpose for your employees, purpose for your customers, purpose for your community and lastly the greater purpose one that will push you to commitment to a special course. So no matter what the specific motive, there’s likely at least one other very compelling reason for pursuing business and not just any business but one with a purpose.
Entrepreneurship is a risky venture one that needs the X factor that will help you stand-out in a field of the same business minded/ likely minded associates in the larger venture. Purpose the best thing to attach to your brilliant idea that will not only see you build a success but have a reputable legacy, below are the 7 pillars of purpose driven entrepreneurship:
1. Believe in your ideas since great countries, institutions and companies are created by a set of beliefs and ideals by the founding members. Therefore, it is important to believe in your ideals, live by them and inspire others to co-create value-based organizations. Our business is an extension of who we are. Let it reflect that, and make the world a better place than when you found it.
2. Follow your inspiration which implies that when we are inspired, we innovate, push beyond status quo, and find creative solutions. Our inspiration leads us to uncover our greatest gifts and make our greatest contributions. Always follow you inspiration, it will not steer you wrong.
3. Think with your heart. We are trained to think with our brain using logic rather we believe the key to life and business mastery lies with our heart. That it contains all the answers we need to know in order to navigate through seemingly complex life and business landscapes. Thus, think and lead with your heart.
4. Find your niche. I believe each one of us can do something in a certain way that is better than anyone else in the world and so is the business we create. Finding out or even creating a niche that we can be best in the world at is one of the keys to business success. It takes experimentation and refinement, and sometimes failure but see it as an evolving process to define and refine your core signature on earth.
5. Create value and impact. To build a successful business, we need to be a value creator, constantly thinking of ways to increase the value of our contribution to the markets and communities we serve, and create a culture that is based on love and service.
6. Pay your dues. We need to put in our hours, energies and resources to create it, build and grow it and of course this is given if we are doing what we love, then why in such a hurry!
7. Lastly, Become a Hub. Relationships are everything in life and business. The ability to cultivate and build long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships is invaluable. It takes time, energy and conscious efforts. Become a hub or at least an invaluable link in the web of relationships that make up your industries and communities.
I believe you have learn a lot for more information keep it Thefounder as we seek to help you start a business today. Remember, it begins with an idea.
Originally posted 2015-06-11 22:00:49.